In my earlier post http://www.walkonblock.com/vmware-vcenter-log-insight/ we saw about some details about VMware vCenter Log Insight. This got much better in the minor release 1.5. Here are the details for VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5
- Active Directory (AD) can be used for authentication in addition to local accounts.
- Query performance have been significantly improved by optimizing execution of common queries by caching mechanism.
- Query widgets can be created from the log insight web UI in addition to vSphere content pack query widgets.
- Lot of usability improvement by introducing user interface through Admin UI to upgrade log insight from previous editions. This will eliminate use of command line for any such activity.
- Admin’s and users can easily create & import/export Content Packs. In new edition content packs can be imported into user space permitting modification.
- Better support for vSphere by having user interface for syslog configuration of ESXi hosts.
- Added unique count function which offers ability to determine stuff like no. of hosts logging into VMware vCenter Log Insight.