Pass VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization ( VCA-DCV) in 7 days.
Sounds unbelievable, it is very much achievable. just that you need to be focus and follow steps as below.
- Its an Entry Level examination from VMware without any classroom training required.
- Give exam from your desk. No need to go to any center.
- Topics like hypervisor, consolidation, shared storage, availability, scalability, optimization & management are covered.
- Target Audience : – Almost everyone interested in enterprise technology
- Why VCA : – Learn virtualization, prove your knowledge, preparing for Vmware certified professional, & get a new job.
- Review Blueprint : – this is an important step as majorly all topics are covered from the blueprint.
- Once you pass you get an accreditation of Vmware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization.
- 50 questions to attempt in 75 minutes
- Passing score of 300 out of 500.
- Make up your mind for certification 🙂
- Understand the intend of the exam.
- Request for exam Authorization at http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=41162&ui=www_cert
- Download the exam blueprint at http://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/web/portals/certification/VCA_Blueprints/VCA-DCV-Exam-Blueprint-Guide-v1_1.pdf
- Review the blueprint & areas where you need more focus to improve or areas you find it difficult.
- Schedule the exam on http://www.pearsonvue.com and follow steps at http://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/web/portals/certification/presos/Certification%20Exam%20Registration%2020131004b.pdf
- Attend a Self Paced Course of Vmware DataCenter virtualization fundamentals at http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=det&id_course=189018 . This is an important course of 2.5 hours which will give you impressive insight of virtualization if your are a newbie.
- You can take up a course at http://www.pluralsight.com/courses/vca-data-center-virtualization which is impressive video training around VCA – DCV
- Watch videos at http://www.vmwarelearning.com/vsphere5_0/ which will showcase how the products looks and work
Watch Vmware Data Protection Video at http://www.vmwarelearning.com/y4D/vsphere-data-protection-55/
- Read http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-basics-guide.pdf for vSphere basics
- Read http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-examples-scenarios-guide.pdf for Examples and Scenarios guide.
- Go to http://labs.hol.vmware.com/HOL/catalogs/catalog/195 and use the lab HOL-SDC-1410 – Virtualization 101 for practice. Keep the blueprint handy to test scenarios not there in the manual.
- Give Mock exam at http://mylearn.vmware.com/quiz.cfm?item=49245
- Open google on one browser with keyword pre-populated “vSphere 5.5 + … “ (optional)
- Login to the portal and attempt the exam.
- On an average you have 90 seconds per questions, so use search engines optimally maintaining right pace.Once you pass you can use the VCA-DCV logo wherever you want to use it.I hope you find above information helpful. Don’t forget to share the same with your friends and colleagues.Best of luck for your exams.
Don’t miss out – VMware launch gets biggest on 2nd February. Almost all of VMware’s customers / partners will be attending this online event hosted by VMware CEO, Pat Gelsinger & CTO, Ben Fathi, make sure you don’t miss out attending this. Register using the link below