What could be probably be an endpoint disaster?
- Complete site goes off due to some natural calamity.
- Site not available due to some planned unplanned hardware or software issues.
- Individual Laptop/Desktop (referred as Endpoint) crash could also be a disaster for that user.
- Virus infection on a Endpoint/s
- And many more
I don’t have to mention how does Disaster impacts the productivity of the user and thus the Business
How VMware Horizon Mirage helps?
For some reason if a Endpoint crashes Mirage delivers below following ways for Disaster Recovery
1. File Portal
- If a user shift deletes a file, he can simply open upon a web browser, point to Mirage server, Feed-in username and password and download his files which was there on his Endpoint.
- This is independent of location and Endpoint
2. Restoration to same hardware
- In case of a virus infection or hard disk replacement, simply restore endpoint on the same hardware
3. Restoration to a new hardware
- If you are migrating to new hardware or same hardware is broken/lost etc, you can restore the image on it
- It can also be restored as a Virtual Machine
4. Snapshot restore of an Endpoint
- If any corruption of system file or virus attack etc happens, restore an endpoint to a previous state
- During new installation of any software, problem occurs on endpoint, use snapshot restore.
5. User profile restore
- If there is a requirement of restoring only user files and settings on same/new hardware it can be restored easily.
- In profile restore, OS or applications will not be restored
6. Restoration using boot USB
- In case if endpoint fails to boot, use this option.
Why VMware Mirage?
- Ease of management with a matter of few mouse clicks
- End user experience remains intact independent of the hardware which is crucial for the business
- All important and crucial files remains available all the time without depending on the hardware.
- The downtime or the productivity loss of the user can be minimized to great extent
- All the above features work very well even over WAN.