1. Windows Server 2008 R2 (Data center edition) is now supported as a desktop operating system.
2. Windows 8.1 is now supported as a desktop operating system.
3. Use VMware Horizon Mirage 4.3 to manage View desktops.
4. VMware Virtual SAN Data store Support
- When you create a desktop pool in View Administrator, you can now select a Virtual SAN Datastore to store desktop virtual machines.
- Not recommended for production use and no technical support is provided, as vSAN is in BETA
- No reclamation of allocate unused space for the virtual desktops can be done if using vSAN as a Datastore
5. View Connection Server Memory Recommendation Messages
- View will provide memory recommendations by generating warning messages after installation, if View Connection manager server has <10 GB RAM
6. vDGA Support
- vDGA (virtual Dedicated Graphics Acceleration) is now supported for View desktops.
- For linked-clone desktops, vDGA settings are preserved after refresh, recompose, and re-balance operations.
7. Linked-Clone Desktop Pool Storage over commit includes a storage over commit level called Unbounded
- When Unbounded = Yes, View Manager does not limit the number of linked-clone desktops that it creates based on the physical capacity of the datastore.
- Unbounded can be selected on the Select Datastore page when you add or edit a linked-clone pool.
- Select Unbounded only if the Datastore has enough storage capacity to accommodate all of the desktops and their future growth.
8. View Persona Management Supportability Improvements
- Include new log messages and profile size & file and folder count tracking.
- Uses the file and folder counts to suggest folders for redirection in the Windows event log and provides statistics for these folders.
9. Support to Grant Domain Administrators Access to Redirected Folders in View Persona Management
- A new group policy setting “Add the Administrators group to redirected folders” has been added to make redirected folders accessible to domain administrators.
10. VMware Horizon View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-in for connecting to a virtual desktop
11. View Composer Array Integration (VCAI) Support
- VCAI appears as an option during pool creation when you select an NFS datastore on an array that supports VAAI (vStorage API for Array Integration) native snapshots.
- The VCAI supported with select NAS vendors.
12. Blast Secure Gateway Maximum Connections
- The Blast Secure Gateway (BSG) now supports up to 350 connections to Horizon View desktops from clients using HTML Access.
- 350 limit applies to a BSG on one View Connection Server instance or security server.